Examples of Empowering Conversations
Below you can access examples of effective conversations for each of the risk factors. You can also access conversations customized for children and caregivers. If developmentally appropriate, these conversations can and often should be directed to the child, not just the parent. You can also watch videos of a clinician initiating a discussion about the risk of epilepsy mortality.
- High-risk seizures
- Accidents related to seizures
- Unsupervised seizures
- Access to comprehensive epilepsy services
- Frequent use of emergency services
- High-risk medical comorbidities
- Mental health
- Medication management and adherence complications
- Social determinants of health considerations
Click here for pediatric-specific examples.